Tuesday, January 10, 2017

EdCamp Learning Opportunity


Would you like to engage and collaborate with teachers from beyond your building or district?

Are you curious to hear how the latest ideas in education are actually being used in other classrooms? Are you wanting to try something out, but not sure where to start?

Do you want to participate in FREE professional development?

If you answered “Yes!” to any or all of the above questions, we highly encourage you to join hundreds of teachers from around the greater St. Louis metro and beyond at EdCampSTL! It will be held on Saturday, February 11th and hosted at University City High School (7401 Balson Ave., University City, MO 63130)!

FREE!!! Click here to register now! (http://www.connectedlearningstl.org/events/edcampstl)

The premise of EdCamps are to
  • bring educators together to discuss what they want to learn - yes you help decide session topics!
  • engage in a discussion, not listen to a presentation.
  • be a FREE professional development opportunity.
  • grow your professional learning community.
  • be encouraged about the work we do!

EdCamps are a powerful movement sweeping the world, redefining how teachers think about their learning.  An EdCamp is an “Unconference” - meaning that there are no pre-set sessions; it is truly about what the participants want to discuss.  For more information about EdCamps watch this short video.

I attended my first EdCamp as an undergraduate student.  My EdCamp experience helped me realize that I control much of my learning and improvement.  I found my EdCamp experience to be so powerful, that like many other EdCamp attendees I have now traveled to EdCamps around our state and beyond; I consider EdCamps an essential part of my professional development.
-Samuel F., 3rd grade teacher

Follow us on:
Twitter: @LearningSTL  #EdCampSTL
Facebook: Connected Learning @ConnectedLearningSTL

Lifelong Learners,
Your EdCampSTL Planning Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

Concord Call 5.17.19